SOUTH ISLAND – Main Highlights Tour
Tour Description: (Contact the Hinterland team for a Full Itinerary)
Our South Island Tour is one of Hinterland Tours most popular trips. The Autumn Colours and Spring Time South Islands by Rail always sell out quickly, and those who travelled with us in the past just loved this wonderful package and customers provide great reviews. If you are looking for a South Island holiday, this is it. Travelling to places you have unlikely seen before, as we are well known for “ticki-touring” off the main roads and showing our customers the many hidden parts of New Zealand and the South Island. Our Autumn South Island Holiday is an unforgettable journey.
Cross on the ferry to the South Island and continue South to Kaikoura, through Marlborough and Canterbury, before swinging inland to explore the amazing scenery of lakes and dramatic mountains of North and Central Otago.
Just a few of the towns and places of exceptional beauty we will visit are Fairlie, Burkes Pass, Lake Tekapo, Mt Cook, Lake Pukaki, Twizel, Lindis Pass, Tarras, Cromwell, Bendigo, Alexandra, Arrowtown, Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu, Glenorchy, Cordrona, Wanaka, Mt Aspiring Station, not forgetting the picturesque country beyond.
Our scenic travelling route will guide you through some of the most spectacular colourful scenery and rural settings in New Zealand.
In summary – Our Tour Includes (some of the Highlights): (Contact the Hinterland team for a Full Itinerary)
- Fully escorted tour, with full commentary throughout the South Island;
- Includes all the main three South Island Trains (Coastal Pacific, TransApline, and Taieri Train)
- Tranz Alpine, (what better way to transverse the amazing Southern Alps through to Greymouth).
- The Taieri Gorge Train through Central Otago (one of the World’s Great Train Trips, we are booked on)
- We stay at Hanmer Springs & soak in the hot pools (if you wish).
- Also included is a full tour of Christchurch City (by local tour guide). What Christchurch looks like today….and what is planned…
- Whale Watching in Kaikoura (we thought – why not..)
- We stay at Franz Josef (enjoy the West Coast & the snow-capped Southern Alps)
- We visit Wanaka and stay in Queenstown to be stunned by natural beauty (amazing Autumn colours)
- A local guided tour of Queenstown & Arrowtown (best way to learn about everything local
- A Dunedin city tour (now the 2nd largest city in the South Island. So much to see and learn here)
- We stay at Mount Cook – overlooking Mount Cook & Southern Alps.
- Travel through the amazing Lake Tekapo – Mackenzie Country
- Ferry Wellington / Picton……this is a wonderful & relaxing experience across the Straight (with photos to be taken). Plus includes all coach travel & transfers.
- Air New Zealand flights back from Christchurch to Tauranga.
- Many many Highlights include: Christchurch, Arrowtown, Lake Tekapo, Tarris, Hanmer Springs, Queenstown, Dunedin, Mt Cook, Otago Central Rail Trail Country, Merino Station, Curling in Naseby, Kaikoura, Canterbury, Mackenzie Country, West Coast….
- And a lot more!! .
- The idea……. is to see as much of the South Island as possible……. this is a great trip
Book Now Make an Enquiry Pay for a Friend Send to a Friend
Contact the Hinterland Tours team for further information, or please book on-line. We will be happy to help. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Door to Door Service:
This tour provides a Door to Door Service. We pick you up from your front door step, and drop you off home again safety at the end of this fantastic trip. It’s that easy. We take care of the lot.